To qualify, an applicant must meet the following requirements:
1. An operator must submit, and the award manager must approve and publicly proclaim acceptance of, an application showing contacts with either a Centurion, Tribune, or Senator member in each of the 50 states. Contacts may be made at any time and on any band, including WARC bands.
2. An operator applying for the award must be an SKCC member at the time each qualifying contact is made. A member does not have to be a Centurion to qualify for this award.
3. All contacts must be made with a straight key, semi-automatic key (bug), or sideswipper (cootie). Waivers from this policy are possible. For details, see the club's policy on approved keying devices here.
4. Only contacts made on or after June 12, 2011, qualify for this award.
5. Contacts with Centurion, Tribune, or Senator members operating outside of their home states, either as portable or mobile stations, are permitted.
Centurion members are strongly encouraged to append a C to their member numbers during operating events to make it easier for prospective WAS-Centurion applicants to zero in on the states they need.
Applicants are encouraged to copy the other station's state carefully, since Rule 5 implies that the state you hear the member give you may be different from the state listed for that call in the membership data base.
If you maintain a log in ADIF format, there are a variety of logging and award processing programs available from the Files and Download Section. These programs will use your ADIF log file to create error-free application forms for you. As an alternative, you can download an award application here.
For questions about the WAS award program or to submit an application, send an email to Mark, NX1K @ firstname.lastname@example.org